DVR Simulator is a FPV Drone Simulator for PC and Virtual Reality headsets. Virtual Reality is used to simulate the FPV goggles (including OSD).
What is DVR Simulator?
- DVR Simulator is a FPV Drone simulator featuring Freestyle and Racing modes.
Is it already on Steam?
- The game page is available on steam yes! but the game is not yet released
How can I get it now?
- You can support my work on Patreon and gets instant access to my games, including DVR Simulator, as well as news and early builds
- You can download the FREE demo from itch.io
- You can buy the FULL version from itch.io
- Steam, Oculus AppLab and Microsoft Store are coming later. Oculus AppLab is the priority
What is the development status?
- Both Freestyle modes are complete
- Multiplayer is available for the Freestyle mode
- The drone editor is made to custimize every physics values, as well as flight controller parameters (Rates, 3D mode, etc.)
- Input Streaming allows you to stream you RC transmitter inputs from the PC to another device, like an Oculus Quest or an Xbox One
Will be it a paid or a free game?
- There is a FREE demo on itch.io
- And a $10 early access full version
- The 1.0.0 release will be $15
Do you have a PRO version?
- Contact me using the contact form or my email, we can talk about it yes.
What operating system are supported?
|Windows||Supported||Steam, Itch.io, Microsoft Store (UWP)|
|Android||Experimental||Itch.io (on hold)|
|Oculus Quest||Supported||Itch.io, Oculus AppLab, SideQuest|
(*) Mac build is not supported on Steam because Steam requires a signed build. I can’t do that because I don’t have an Apple Developer account. It can change if the game sells well.
What languages are supported?
- More will be added later
What kind of controllers can I use?
- Gamepads are supported out of the box
- A large majority of real radio-transmitters such as FrSky, Devo, etc.. on PC
- The Input Streamer allows you to stream your RC transmitter inputs to the Oculus Quest/Xbox One
- VR Game Controllers (But it’s not recommanded because joysticks are too small, it’s not precise)
- Keyboard and Mouse are NOT supported for obvious reasons
Does it support multiplayer?
- Yes, but only Freestyle mode for now
How many modes are available?
- Freestyle: Drones, Helicopters, maybe planes
Have you plans to support other type of aircraft?
- This is something I would love and the code was written in that way
- There is an helicotper in test
What about physics?
- RCRates system with presets or custom values (use your own rates)
- A PID controller will be available for YAW/PITCH/ROLL axis
- A physics editor allows you to change the Drag, Angular Drag, Interpolation times, PIDs, Rates, etc.
Why do have removed the Learning Module?
- Mainly because other simulators did that better