DVR Simulator is a FPV Drone Simulator for PC, Mobile and Virtual Reality headsets. It’s main keys are Virtual Reality support to simulate FPV goggles, and a learning module which will teach you how to become a FPV Drone pilot. Of course you can enjoy the Freestyle mode and do the best tricks, or the racing mode.
What is DVR Simulator?
- DVR Simulator is a FPV Drone simulator
What is the development status?
- We’re in private ALPHA stage, that means only a couple of testers can try it.
When will be it available?
- The closed BETA stage is expected for the end of May
- The open BETA stage is expected for this summer (probably not before August)
- The final game is expected for 2021
Will be it a paid or a free game?
- It’ll a paid game, the price will be low during the open BETA stage and will increase until the final release
What operating system are supported?
- Windows, Linux, Mac
- Windows Universal Platform (Possibly Xbox One through the Xbox One Creator Program)
- Oculus Quest
- A WebGL version will be used for marketing purpose only
What languages are supported?
- More will be added later
What kind of controllers can I use?
- All Gamepads are supported out of the box
- A large majority of real radio-transmitters such as FrSky, Devo, etc..
- VR Game Controllers
- Keyboard and Mouse are NOT supported for obvious reasons
Does it support multiplayer?
- For now it doesn’t support realtime multiplayer, but it’s planned
- The game supports asynchronous multiplayer
How many modes are available?
What about physics?
- Rate system with presets or custom values
- A PID controller will be available for YAW/PITCH/ROLL axis
- A physics editor allows you to change the Drag, Angular Drag, Interpolation times, PIDs, Rates, etc.
Can I really learn to fly?
- You’ll be able to learn the basics, but you’ll be a true pilot with a real quadcopter. The simulator will give you the keys and some reflexes. That way you’ll be more confident for your first fly. In any case, don’t fly alone the first times 😉
I’m a FPV pilot, can I enter in alpha stage to help?
- The alpha stage is ending soon, please wait for the closed Beta
I’m not a FPV pilot, can I enter in beta stage to help?
- Yes, if your profile meets the requirements.
I’m a Journalist, Youtuber, etc.. Can I have an access to the closed Beta ?
- Yes, if your profile meets the requirements. The closed beta stage is not the best phase to review a project.
I’m a Journalist, Youtuber, etc.. Can I have an access to the complete game when it’s done for a review?
- Yes, I’ll be happy to talk about that with you.
I have a question, where can I contact you?
- By email contact [@] demonixis.net (remove the [ and ] )
- By Twitter @CYannick
- By Facebook @DVRSimulator
- By reddit /u/demonixis